Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Justin asks:
Can you tell me what the best paint marker to use on plastic crafts such as painting a water bottle that won't wash or smudge off?

thank you.

The problem with plastics such as a water bottle is that they are too smooth and there is nothing for the paint to grab onto. Even Sharpie markers wash off after a while. I don’t know of a medium that wouldn’t smudge after a while … sorry! You would have to change the surface of the bottle to make it accept paint. If you are willing to do that here are instructions. Good luck!

Judi

1 comment:

mistiteres said...

Hello, I've painted plastic, before giving a coat of paint. I s sand the plastic and then apply paint, use acrylics in my case, if you want to use the bottle with water can be sealed with any varnish